On Wednesday evening, I went to submit my post on the Carnival of Genealogy site, but the site kept rejecting it, saying “URL not found” in the box where my permalink should have appeared. Also that evening, I attempted to e-mail the post to someone and the recipient got a page that said, “The operation cannot be completed.”
I went to the Blogger Help Center and read all there was to read about permalink problems and other issues. Nothing worked. After quite a bit of consternation, it occurred to me that the problem could not be fixed in the “old Blogger,” to which I had clung stubbornly. So I migrated the blog to the “new Blogger.” Well, that fixed the permalink problem, but it caused others. For example, my Sitemeter code was dropped. And I had recently updated my blogroll–all of that work was dropped. Code for several other buttons on the site was dropped. So now I’ve got a lot of work to do to restore the place to the way I want it. I’m hating Blogger right now . . . .
March 3, 2007 Saturday at 10:18 am