On the first part of our on-going midsummer research trip, the following lessons became clear to me:
- Everything takes longer and costs more than estimates.
- Hauling octogenarians around on cemetery research in July heat is not necessarily a good idea, no matter how much they want to go.
- Socializing too much with old friends and acquaintances can be hazardous to your research plan and your waistline.
- Not socializing enough with old friends and acquaintances can cost you friends and acquaintances and valuable research clues.
- Don’t try to be overly ambitious in your goals.
More lessons as we go along!
[Posted from Kansas City, MO]
July 26, 2007 Thursday at 1:54 pm