I’ve been tagged three four times for the Five Things meme, by Donna Pointkouski at What’s Past is Prologue, Schelly Talalay Dardashti of Tracing the Tribe, Denise Olson at Moultrie Creek, and John Newmark of Transylvanian Dutch. So I play:
10 Years Ago, I was:
- clueless as to the names of any of my great-grandparents.
- a Superior Court judge in Sacramento County, California.
- only joking when I suggested to a particular lawyer who appeared in courtroom that we might be related, requiring me to recuse myself from the case (now I’m certain we are related).
- still operating with a dial-up modem.
- on Air National Guard temporary duty at Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana, without realizing that my great-grandparents (deceased) had lived within a few miles of the base and that many, many cousins still live near there.
Five places I have lived:
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- Frankfurt, Germany
- Mundford, England
- Rapid City, South Dakota
- Tucson, Arizona
Five jobs I have had: (ones that you might not know or suspect I’ve had)
- math tutor (my first official “payroll” job for which, according to the Social Security Administration, I was paid $81.00!)
- newspaper carrier
- Launch Officer, Minuteman II Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles
- radio news/sports reporter
Five snacks I enjoy:
- grapes (red, seedless)
- potato chips
- anchovies (yes!)
- Trail mix
Five things on today’s to-do list:
- a lot of school-related work (always comes first).
- Letters to be written.
- Nine requests for death certificates from Louisiana to be mailed.
- reorganize bookmarks, blogroll, and newsreader
- install new wireless router.
I’m running way behind schedule and it looks like many people have been tagged, so I tag all who’ve not written on this topic!
October 19, 2008 Sunday at 2:49 pm