The 65th Carnival of Genealogy has been posted by Becky at kinexxions. It keeps getting bigger and better!
And now, it’s time for a Call For Submissions! The topic for the next edition of the Carnival of Genealogy, to be hosted by Jasia at Creative Gene, will be: iGene Awards, The Best of The Best! It’s Academy awards time… time for the Academy of Genealogy and Family History, aka AGFH, to honor their best blog posts of 2008* in the following 5 categories:
- Best Picture – Best old family photo that appeared on your blog in 2008. Tell us which you liked best and why.
- Best Screen Play – Which family story that you shared in 2008 would make the best movie? Who would you cast as your family members?
- Best Documentary – Which was the best informational article you wrote about a place, thing, or event involving your family’s history in 2008?
- Best Biography – Which was the best biographical article you wrote in 2008?
- Best Comedy – Which was the best funny story, poem, joke, photo, or video that you shared on your blog in 2008?
Start digging back into your archives and choose which of your blog posts deserve to be recognized for outstanding achievement. This is not a competition between bloggers but a chance for you to spotlight your own shining efforts at recording your genealogy and family history in 2008*.
There is no nomination process. You just need to announce your winning blog posts for the 5 categories mentioned above in an article on your blog and submit it to the Carnival of Genealogy. Please act as your own “award presenter” by writing an introduction and include it in the “Remarks” box on the BlogCarnival submission form.
The deadline for submissions is February 15, 2009.
*We’re going to define “2008” to include any posts written in 2008 as well as those written Jan. 1-Feb. 15, 2009 as well (so that new bloggers can participate).
February 4, 2009 Wednesday at 9:25 pm