. . . So you’ll still find the things you’ve always liked about this blog, with some enhanced features. These features include:
- The GeneaBlogie Library–where you’ll find links to e-books and important documents. These will be downloadable. And yes, credit for the first library of this sort based in a blog goes to Taneya, who recently unveiled her Genealogical Bookshelf. But I’d been thinking for awhile about how share my collection of e-books. I doubt that you’ll find any overlap between our libraries. The GeneaBlogie Library will also contain:
- Craig’s Filing Cabinet, a collection of research notes and source documents, including maps, charts, reports, and graphs.
- The GeneaBlogie Wiki: This you’ll have to see for yourself. Coming in June 2011.
- The Orkney County Law Library, which will contain legal information of interest to genealogists. Coming in July 2011.
- The Family History Story Corner, a repository of the family stories you like so much on GeneaBlogie.
- The GeneaBlogie Multimedia Vault: The inspiration for this came from a guy who identified himself only as “Vonny.” He wrote me a while ago after having read one of my posts on African American Military History. Vonny suggested that I make a video of the post. And so was born the Multimedia Vault which will contain original GeneaBlogie video and audio productions as well as public domain videos and photographs.
- New topical pages containing essays, written family history, perhaps even a draft of some books in progress. The first of these pages will The Gines Diaspora, which currently exists in placeholder form. The final version will be based on the presentation I’m preparing for the Gines family reunion in Dallas in July 2011.
- Surname and Places pages, which I think you’ll find interesting and useful.
These are some of the things to be rolled out between now and September, which will be GeneaBlogie’s seventh anniversary.
LCRs know our motto here is Learn, Share, Enjoy, Appreciate! With this remodel, we hope to live up to that.
May 1, 2011 Sunday at 11:00 pm